A Remarkable eastern redcedar

Tree Information
Common Name: eastern redcedar
Scientific name: Juniperus virginiana
Category: Historic tree
Notes: Eastern redcedars grace the grounds of Blenheim Farm, which was part of the original Carter Grant of 1730 (9,350 acres) given to Secretary John Carter. The original house was built by his son Edward, and was destroyed by fire some time after the Revolutionary War. In 1846 Andrew Stevenson (Ambassador to the Court of St. James) purchased Blenheim and built the present house incorporating the original Loom house, and Taney cottage, which was a guest house for US Chief Justice Roger B. Taney. The old kitchen dates back to the original house.
Best time to photograph:
Nominator: Joseph Murray
Location of Tree
County/City: Albemarle
Name of tree owner:
Rate this tree yourself!
(lowest)



(highest)

Learn more about eastern redcedar

eastern redcedar Identification

 

Back to the Search Page

~ home ~