A Remarkable pin oak

Tree Information
Common Name: pin oak
Scientific name: Quercus palustris
Category: Historic tree
Notes: Sunnyside was a tobacco plantation operating as early as about 1760. Six oak trees were planted in a circle around the house. The current house dates from about 1800. The two trees remaining have a base diameter of 52 and 60 inches. One of the other trees came down in about 1998, and we counted 100 rings in 11 incles, dating these trees to the 1760's.
Best time to photograph:
Nominator: Stephen A. Smith
Location of Tree
County/City: Essex
Name of tree owner: Stephen Smith
Rate this tree yourself!
(lowest)



(highest)

pin oak Identification

 

Back to the Search Page

~ home ~